News & Updates
This news page is where you will find regular updates on SunLink services. Please sign up below to receive these updates via email or text.
Dec 10, 2015
Interim process for additional baggage on flights
Due to the increased number of passengers on Suncor flights during the holiday season, an interim process will be in place for passengers checking in more than one piece of baggage. From December 14, 2015 to January 15, 2016, the following process will be implemented:
- Passengers may be asked to identify their “primary” baggage to check-in – this baggage will be tagged accordingly and accompany its owner on the same flight.
- Additional baggage will then be tagged as “secondary”.
- If all baggage cannot travel on their intended flight due to aircraft weight and balance limitations, baggage tagged as “secondary” will be loaded on a later flight.
- Secondary baggage loaded to a later flight will be shipped to the passengers' residence or, if requested by the passenger, held at the terminal.
- Passengers with connection flights will not be subject to this process and will have all their baggage loaded on the same flight with them.
- Each passenger is limited to a maximum of 27 kg/60 lb for all checked baggage.
We value safety above all else and make every effort to ensure our passengers and their baggage arrive safely at their destinations. We apologize for any inconvenience it may cause if your additional baggage arrives on a later flight. Complete details on baggage requirements on Suncor flights.
There are no advisories in effect at this time.
Want these updates sent directly to you? Stay Informed by subscribing.