News & Updates
This news page is where you will find regular updates on SunLink services. Please sign up below to receive these updates via email or text.
Apr 3, 2020
COVID-19 prevention measures
While the most important thing we can do to protect ourselves from COVID-19 is to diligently follow good hygiene practices, Suncor’s operating sites and offices are implementing changes to manage workplace exposure risk and ensure the safe, reliable and continued essential operation of our business.
As of March 24, our regional operations have no confirmed cases of COVID-19. Here are a few things we are doing at site to keep travelers and guests of lodges safe:
- Eliminating the use of double-occupancy bathroom across all lodges.
- Ensuring guests use hand sanitizer prior to entering dining rooms and bag up rooms.
- Increased frequency of disinfectant application at high touch points.
- Full serve cafeterias instead of self-serve to minimize touch points.
- Tables/seating spacing modified to enable physical distancing.
- Any self-service items (like bagged lunches or deserts) are all individually packaged.
- Gyms and common areas have been closed.
- Bringing on additional drivers and additional buses to enable physical distancing.
- Wash bays are using a concentrated cleaning chemical and wiping down all hand rails, arm rest, overhead support bars, and washrooms on the buses. We will closely monitor the busing and make changes where we need to.
- Disinfectant is provided on buses where supply is available for all passengers and the drivers to use.
Flights and aerodrome
- The Firebag Aerodrome is staggering passenger arrivals and departures to allow appropriate physical distancing in terminal. In-terminal seating capacity has been reduced to 50 per cent and check-in and boarding groups are being staggered to limit congregation of passengers.
- Working closely with WestJet, our airline partner, and local airport authorities to support implementation of any Public Health Canada or Alberta Public Health guidance. WestJet has implemented two additional hospital-grade disinfecting products to aircraft grooming protocol and are used on all contact surfaces (seat belts, armrest, window, trays).
- Charter flight capacity for has been capped to accommodate physical distancing.
- Seats will be assigned to ensure proper distance between passengers.
- WestJet is distributing individual sanitization wipes to each passenger once boarded.
There are no advisories in effect at this time.
Want these updates sent directly to you? Stay Informed by subscribing.