Check-In & Boarding
We recommend travellers arrive at check-in 90 minutes before departure time to ensure they have enough time to check in and complete the required security screening process.
Flight cut-off time is 60 minutes before departure. Once check-in closes, you will not be able to board the aircraft.
For check-in you will need to:
- Show your valid government-issued photo identification
- A guest who presents a piece of self-printed identification must also present a valid supplemental piece of identification. It is not sufficient to present two self-printed pieces of identification.
- Bring proof of your reservation confirmation
- Ensure your bags are tagged with your proper name and contact information. Your luggage will be tagged and you will receive a boarding pass
- If you are flying from your home airport and stopping over in Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna or Saskatoon before connecting to Firebag:
- If you don’t have checked baggage: Proceed directly to the WestJet domestic check-in – check the airport information screens for your assigned gate. Gate check-in is available up to 15 minutes before departure; your boarding pass will be issued by the agent at the gate. You’re not required to go through airport security again.
- If you have checked baggage: Pick up your baggage at the designated carousel for your incoming flight and then proceed to the check-in counter for your Suncor charter flight. You will be required to proceed through airport security.
Your Suncor identification (ID) badge must be visible at all times while at a Suncor site. Security officers will check for your ID badge when you arrive and depart from the Firebag Aerodrome.
If you’re new to the site, you may show government-issued photo identification (driver’s licence, passport, etc.) to security officers.
For information about arrivals and departures, contact your designated travel coordinator or Travel Services at 1-866-276-7800 Option 3 (after choosing a language).
There are no advisories in effect at this time.
Want these updates sent directly to you? Stay Informed by subscribing.
Apr 13, 2023
FH Temporary Removal Badge Scanners Site ShuttlesRead more...
Mar 12, 2023
Time Change Tues PM Fly Day Busing at MTL & MCLRead more...
Oct 19, 2022
Fort Hills MTL - Return to Full ServiceRead more...