Check-In & Boarding
We recommend travellers arrive at check-in 90 minutes before departure time to ensure they have enough time to check in and complete the required security screening process.
Flight cut-off time is 60 minutes before departure. Once check-in closes, you will not be able to board the aircraft.
For check-in you will need to:
- Show your valid government-issued photo identification
- A guest who presents a piece of self-printed identification must also present a valid supplemental piece of identification. It is not sufficient to present two self-printed pieces of identification.
- Bring proof of your reservation confirmation
- Ensure your bags are tagged with your proper name and contact information. Your luggage will be tagged and you will receive a boarding pass
- If you are flying from your home airport and stopping over in Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna or Saskatoon before connecting to Firebag:
- If you don’t have checked baggage: Proceed directly to the WestJet domestic check-in – check the airport information screens for your assigned gate. Gate check-in is available up to 15 minutes before departure; your boarding pass will be issued by the agent at the gate. You’re not required to go through airport security again.
- If you have checked baggage: Pick up your baggage at the designated carousel for your incoming flight and then proceed to the check-in counter for your Suncor charter flight. You will be required to proceed through airport security.
Your Suncor identification (ID) badge must be visible at all times while at a Suncor site. Security officers will check for your ID badge when you arrive and depart from the Firebag Aerodrome.
If you’re new to the site, you may show government-issued photo identification (driver’s licence, passport, etc.) to security officers.
For information about arrivals and departures, contact your designated travel coordinator or Travel Services at 1-866-276-7800 Option 3 (after choosing a language).
There are no advisories in effect at this time.
Want these updates sent directly to you? Stay Informed by subscribing.