News & Updates
This news page is where you will find regular updates on SunLink services. Please sign up below to receive these updates via email or text.
Feb 17, 2021
Have you heard? New luggage service at McClelland
To help better support luggage management on Fly Out days, Suncor will be implementing a luggage transfer service at McClelland Lake Lodge (MCL) effective February 21st, 2021.
Here’s what you and your workers need to know:
- As you check out on fly day your luggage will now be transferred to the Firebag Airport.
- Luggage service will be available for luggage check in during the evenings upon check out of the lodge for their last night shift and in the mornings upon check out for their last day shift, on fly days.
Hours of Operation for luggage service check-in:
- Sunday 16:00 to 18:00
- Monday to Wednesday 4:00 to 6:00 & 16:00 to 18:00
- Thursday 4:00 to 6:00
- Your luggage will be available for pick-up at the Firebag Airport as you disembark your bus to check-in for your flight.
- Racks will be labeled with MCL upon arrival.
Tips for success
- Ensure your luggage is labeled with your name, phone number and company which you work for
- Put a tag on your bag to help easily identify it as many of the bags look similar.
- Do not place anything in your bag which you do not want to freeze.
- If you need to change after your shift before flying, have a separate carry-on bag with anything you need for the day.
- Start your day early, as there may be line-up to check your bag in. Leave time for collection your lunch and checking your bag so you are not late for work.
Please share this information with any of your contractors that stay at McClelland Lake Lodge.
Want these updates sent directly to you? Stay Informed by subscribing.