News & Updates
This news page is where you will find regular updates on SunLink services. Please sign up below to receive these updates via email or text.
Aug 26, 2020
Masks with exhalation valve denied boarding flight
Effective immediately, face masks with exhalation valves will no longer be allowed for WestJet domestic air travel, in alignment with Transportation Canada as part of the continued response to COVID-19.
If a guest has only an exhalation type mask and no regular mask alternative (dual ply reusable or disposable), they will be denied boarding. If a guest is in transit with an exhalation mask type, WestJet will allow them to complete their travel.
The Firebag Aerodrome (YFI) will be supplying approved disposable face masks to any outbound charter flight passenger who arrive with an exhalation valve mask.
Edmonton (YEG) and Saskatoon (YXE) Airport temperature screening areas will have Suncor supplied masks available as needed.
Calgary (YYC) Airport has two in-terminal retail locations (Relay and 7-Eleven) where approved masks can be purchased as needed.
If you are travelling on any Suncor charter flight, please ensure your mask meets the following requirements:
- be made of at least two layers of tightly woven material fabric (such as cotton or linen)
- be large enough to completely and comfortably cover the nose and mouth without gaping
- fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops
- allow for easy breathing
- be comfortable and not require frequent adjustment
- be changed as soon as possible if damp or dirty
- maintain their shape after washing and drying
- masks with an exhalation vent are not acceptable
Passengers who do not have masks/face coverings or who refuse to use those provided properly, will be denied boarding to both commercial and charter flights.
When travelling by air, you will be required to cover your mouth and nose:
- upon entering the terminal building
- at Canadian airport screening checkpoints
- while boarding your flight
- at all times during the flight
- when instructed to by a crew member
All guests must be in possession of their own face mask or non-medical mask. Failure to have one, could result in a denial of boarding.
Effective August 7, Transport Canada requires that guests who are unable to wear a face mask due to a medical condition, must present an official medical note from a physician specifying this exception or they will be denied boarding.
The medical note must:
- be issued by a medical professional
- be on official letterhead
- be dated
- clearly state your name and that you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask
- See the Public Health Agency of Canada’s guidance on face coverings.
Thank you and travel safe,
Suncor Travel Support
There are no advisories in effect at this time.
Want these updates sent directly to you? Stay Informed by subscribing.