News & Updates
This news page is where you will find regular updates on SunLink services. Please sign up below to receive these updates via email or text.
Nov 12, 2020
24-hr online check-in & kiosk check-in are back
Effective Monday, November 16 all travelers will be able to check-in for their departing flight online or through the WestJet automatic check-in kiosks in departure airports.
This will decrease touch points through the charter air travel process and give you the option to select your seat based on availability.
Check-in for your Suncor FIFO flight up to 24-hours ahead, online here.
For travellers going through Calgary (YYC), Edmonton (YEG) and Saskatoon (YXE) airports, the kiosks are now “touchless”, simply scan your boarding pass and it will automatically print bag tags for you.
Ensure you receive WestJet check-in notifications for charter flights
Travellers must ensure that their contact information, including email address and phone number, are accurate in the travel portal. This information is required to:
- Enable 24-hour advanced check in notifications from WestJet
- Reservations made within 36 hours of travel, may not be eligible for online check-in.
- Receive confirmation emails for lodge and flight reservations from iLogistics
- Reach passengers in the case of an emergency
If you have not received your reservation code 24 hours before your flight departure time, then a ticket needs to be created with the Client Support Centre to ensure this is fixed for next time you travel.
As you await a resolution please go to www.westjet.com to check in, on the check in page, scroll to lost my reservation code. This is a one-time solution, so ensure you create a ticket with the CSC.
If travellers do not receive a reservation code from WestJet they must proceed to the airport and use a kiosk or agent to check-in and receive a boarding pass.
We recommend travellers arrive at check-in a minimum of 90 minutes before departure time to ensure they have enough time to check in and complete the required security and CATSA temperature screening process.
For check-in you will need to:
- Show your valid government-issued photo identification
- Bring proof of your reservation confirmation
- Ensure your bags are tagged with your proper name and contact information.
- If you are connecting from a commercial flight to your Suncor charter flight, please retrieve your checked baggage and proceed back through security screening to your charter flight boarding gate
- Your Suncor identification (ID) badge must be visible at all times while at a Suncor site. Security officers will check for your ID badge when you arrive and depart from the Firebag Aerodrome
- Transport Canada requires all guests 2 years of age or older to wear a face covering. You’ll need to bring a face mask or covering with you to wear throughout your travel journey. Masks with an exhalation vent are not acceptable. https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel-info/advisories#face-mask
- At the time of boarding, WestJet gate agents will announce COVID-19 screening questions for passengers prior to boarding. Any symptomatic passengers will be denied boarding. https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel-info/advisories#boarding-req
Unsealed, open or opaque plastic bags of any size with liquids, gels or aerosols in containers of any size. Liquids, gels or aerosols in containers larger than 100 ml/100 g (3.4 oz.) in unapproved containers or packaging.Unsealed, open or opaque plastic bags of any size with liquids, gels or aerosols in containers of any size. Liquids, gels or aerosols in containers larger than 100 ml/100 g (3.4 oz.) in unapproved containers or packaging.
There are many such items, from laptops, to cell phones, to iPads and even many more Portable Electronic Devices (PEDS) which are dependent on the technology of today’s lithium ion and lithium metal batteries.
When improperly packed with unprotected terminals, there is potential risk of a fire when they are placed in the cargo hold of the aircraft.
Thank you and travel safe,
There are no advisories in effect at this time.
Want these updates sent directly to you? Stay Informed by subscribing.