This news page is where you will find regular updates on SunLink services. Please sign up below to receive these updates via email or text.
Aug 24, 2016
Later departure time for select Fort Hills flights
Effective October 4, 2016, the last two flights out of the Firebag Aerodrome for Fort Hills will depart later in the evening, between 90 minutes to two hours later. The new flight times are as follows (present departure times are in brackets):
- Flight #8191 – 9 p.m. (7:40 p.m.)
- Flight #3923 – 9:15 p.m. (7:45 p.m.)
- Flight #3915 – 9 p.m. (7 p.m.)
- Flight #8263 – 9:15 p.m. (7:30 p.m.)
The new departure times will allow teams to complete their shifts and have sufficient time to get to the Aerodrome for their flights.
For travellers on these later flights who will be arriving in Calgary and connecting to a commercial flight, a bus will be available at the Suncor Aviation Centre upon your arrival to take you directly to the Calgary International Airport.
Action for travellers
For existing reservations:
- If you have a flight reservation for one of the flight numbers identified above, and your travel is before October 4, you are not required to take any action. You can proceed with the travel as planned on your current itinerary.
- If you have a flight reservation for one of the flight numbers identified above, and your travel is on/after October 4, you will receive an updated itinerary via email. Review your new itinerary as departure and arrival times have changed. You will need to update your reservation for connection flights if required.
- Contact your travel coordinator if you need to make changes to your flight reservation. Travellers who want to take a flight that require them to leave their shift earlier, must talk to their supervisor to ensure their work shifts are covered.
For new reservations:
- If you do not have a reservation and would like to book a flight for travel after October 4, call your travel coordinator.
Suncor is continuously looking at ways to operate our assets efficiently and cost-effectively. This includes ensuring our Suncor flights are at capacity and align with shift schedules determined by the business. In addition, we want to improve alignment between the Suncor flight schedule and commercial connections.
Talk to your Suncor leader if you have questions or concerns about these changes to the flight schedule or if these changes impact your work schedule.